APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Steps to apply for Kidsport Funding
A parent or guardian can apply for funding on behalf of a child/children by following the steps below;
- Get the right application form – click on the link for BC Chapter and download the application Home – KidSport British Columbia (kidsportcanada.ca) and select your city.
- Read over the guidelines page– each chapter has guidelines specific to your community, please read over the guidelines and ensure that you and the sport organization you are applying for are eligible for Kidsport funding
- Complete application– print application form and fill out each section on the form. the Adult Sponsor (parent or guardian) is responsible for filling out the application and keeping a copy for their records
- Send application to your Kidsport chapter– contact information for your chapter can be found at the bottom of your application form. Please send your application via the methods listed (i.e. if there is no email address, application must be mailed or faxed)
- Please allow a minimum of 60 days before funds are sent – of course if you have questions before then, feel free to reach out to your Kidsport chapter.
NOTE: You will need to register (link below) your child prior to sending in your application for financial assistance. Once you have registered, by choosing the ‘pay later’ option, please notify the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have been approved for funding please then advise Registrar to have your account updated accordingly.
To apply for KidSport Funding download the application form for the city that you live in;
Steps to apply for Jumpstart Funding
A parent or guardian can apply for funding on behalf of a child/children by clicking on the Start Application through the website at Home | Jumpstart (canadiantire.ca) All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, you must be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
- Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
- Is the funding that you require for a program involving a sport or physical activity?
- Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)?
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will be asked to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
- Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
- The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
- The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate.
- The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart.
- The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the sport or physical activity program.
- Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.
NOTE: You will need to register (link below) your child prior to sending in your application for financial assistance. Once you have registered, by choosing the ‘pay later’ option, please notify the registrar at email@example.com Once you have been approved for funding please then advise Registrar to have your account updated accordingly.
Please REGISTER HERE under our financial assistance program.